VP Front Office Java Developer - Financial Services - London - £85,000
A Tier 1 Investment Bank is looking for a Front Office Java Developer to work on an electronic trading platform. This will involve the development of the Rates and Credit Trading eCommerce platform. You will be working in a first class working environment at the centre of the financial community on challenging projects.
- Build desktop application and associated server components using core and GUI Java technologies.
- Implement business requirements.
- Build out a distributed trading platform and associated components.
- Software testing, maintaining code and best practices.
- Further develop components built upon vendor and open source products.
- Manage relationships with other teams within front office, the corporate technology department, and third party software vendors.
- Strong Java development skills.
- Experience in designing and developing distributed platforms.
- SQL experience, preferable MS SQL Server.
- Proven experience working globally with distributed software teams.
- Good understanding of object oriented methodologies, design patterns and best practice.
- Experience developing multi-threaded, low latency applications.
- Good knowledge of test driven development and experience using agile development practices.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A track record of accurate work estimation and delivery of tasks in a timely manor.
- Demonstrable Fixed Income financial knowledge.
- A working knowledge of trading platform technology - ION Trading Marketview, Bloomberg and the FIX protocol.
- Business facing skills and previous experience dealing with Front Office.
- A working knowledge of fixed income pricing methodologies.
This is a very exciting opportunity for a skilled and effective Front office Java Developer looking for a new challenge within an innovative global company with a wealth of expertise and knowledge.
If you are interested in this role please contact me on 02031894344.