A global investment bank are looking for experienced VAT Accountant for 6 months. The business require additional resource to deliver on business as usual and project work this year. The person performing this role may need to take on a variety of financial control tasks and hence need to be a strong financial controller, with good controls background and have a logical, methodical approach. The team this role fits into are responsible for preparing VAT returns for all EMEA entities as well as minor legal entity reporting. The requirement will be remote working.
- Assist with business as usual (BAU) tasks within the team as and when required.
- Assist with key projects within the team as and when required.
- Alongside this role, this team is hiring an additional person to review the data, controls and procedures in place within the team in order to record areas of risk and suggest improvements. This role may from time to time support that person.
- Assist with the preparation of the quarterly VAT return for the Wells Fargo Group of companies. A return which is currently being made compliant with Making Tax Digital (MTD) rules.
- Assist with preparing and posting monthly and quarterly journals which ensure the general ledger reconciles with the VAT return.
- Ensuring that questions from the Line of Business (LOB) are answered in a timely manner, or forwarded to the tax team, should it involve complex tax matters.
- Assist the members of the team in creating a detailed and accurate list of procedure notes for the VAT return process.
- Preparation of financials for some of the minor entities within the Wells Fargo group.
- Assist on an ad hoc basis with the preparation and filing of the Dubai PIB regulatory return.
- Provide leave of absence cover for the production of other deliverables within the department as appropriate in order to satisfy internal control framework requirements.
- In addition to these functions, employees are required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required.
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualification
- Financial control experience
- VAT experience preferred but not essential.
- Strong academic background and degree educated.
- Banking or financial services industry experience.
- Able to manage and drive a small team, and/or being part of a small reporting team