Unix Infrastructure Engineer - Manchester - Finance
Up to 50k per annum
UNIX Infrastructure team supports infrastructure running unix, its hardware, orchestration/automation tools, manages performance, controls access and provides monitoring. The estate approximately consists of 25,000 UNIX Servers located around the globe.
- Contribute towards setting strategic direction of UNIX Infrastructure.
- Development & drive of improvements in current toolsets
- Provide expertise technical advice to customers and UNIX team members
Stakeholder management and leadership:
- The role requires a high level of experience and technical leadership when engaging with key stakeholders
- Ability to translate between technical & business teams
- Empathy and capability to control/manage escalations
Risk and Control:
- Deep understanding of UNIX and facilitating techs
- Knowledge of clustering technologies (Veritas Cluster suite/PowerHA/RedHat HA)
- Knowledge of monitoring systems and concepts of large scale monitoring
- Awareness of cloud and containerization technologies (OpenStack, OpenShift, AWS)
- Understanding and knowledge of tools; (Chef/cfengine/Ansible/Puppet etc)
- Ability to code (Ruby/Python)
If you feel this role is of interest to yourself or matches some of the skillset you have developed over your career, please do not hesitate to get in touch with myself on 0203 189 4350 or email me on Alternatively, if you are interested in other opportunities please do give me a call to see if there is anything we can do here at Twenty.