Twenty Financial Services are currently recruiting for a leading Oil and Gas Supermajor who are looking for a Credit Operations analyst to join their team. The successful individual will be responsible for all aspects of import and export letters of credit (both documentary and standby) including, ensuring all letters of credit are received in a timely fashion, issued by an approved bank within Treasury approved limits and in an acceptable format.
- Reviewing import documentary and standby letters of credit to ensure they cover the deal in question
- Collating, reviewing and presentation of relevant documents under documentary letters of credit to the banks for payment.
- Monitoring receipt of funds and chasing bank for any unpaid items as and when required.
- Liaising with Operators/Financial Operators in all Letter of credit related matters.
- Coordinating with traders & operators on West African Letters of Credit.
- Arranging the issue of letters of credit to cover imports and dealing with the resultant claims and payment process
- Discounting receivables - liaising with Strategic Credit and Treasury to ensure that deals with extended payment terms are discounted and checking that bank charges for this service are correct.
- Ensuring Bank LC issuance facility limits are adhered to at all times when requesting banks to issues instruments to cover our purchases
- Trade Finance experience within commodities or Oil/Gas
- The role requires a full understanding and working knowledge of letters of credit. An experience of having been in an LC environment for 18/24 months is advantageous.
- Strong communications skills are required in order to be able to communicate issues simply, efficiently and clearly.