Technology Programme Manager - Financial Services - London
6 Months rolling
Day rate: £800 - £830
A market leading global financial services institution, providing a critical service for its leading Investment Banking, Commodity Houses and Broker Dealers clients. Based in Europe, it has now expanded to operate across four continents.
This is a unique opportunity for a hands-on Programme Manager to lead a number of technology driven projects within this world-renowned business. This person will have excellent stakeholder management skills, working directly with the CEO and COO in delivering IT projects such as major website refreshes, data feeds and other related projects. The right candidate will have a strong background within technology-focused programmes of work, and will not be afraid to get involved when necessary.
Key Skills & Responsibilities
- Provide overall program leadership, guidance, and manage all aspects of a given program, including requirements gathering, business case creation, and implementation
- Provide steady leadership in the face of uncertainty, change, and aggressive deadlines common to a rapidly growing company with an evolving business model.
- Develop resourcing strategies to ensure optimum support for projects and for the day-to-day operational activities
- Proactively set performance expectations and to directly help project managers and subordinates manage expectations of delivery and requirements, yielding consistent results
- Review program budget variance and scope change requests, and participate in the budget-resolution process
- Ensure that the scope of the projects within the program align with business priorities
- Manage program-level risks and inter-dependencies
- Promote collaboration and coordination across broad categories of stakeholders
- Provide technical expertise in planning, execution, and leadership of program, projects, and initiatives
- Provide program reporting and status to senior management
- Maintain excellent relationships with all levels of the matrix organization
What's in it for you?
This is a fantastic opportunity work for one of the world's largest financial groups and to implement change to the organisation on a global level.
For more information please apply below or call Lucy Wheeler on 0203 189 4337