A leading emerging market investment manager with several underlying funds covering both hedge fund and regulated products. The funds, invest principally in interest rates, sovereign and corporate debt and foreign exchange, managing a portfolio of long and short positions in a variety of Emerging Market countries and assets.
Working alongside the CTO and existing Technology Analysts as an experienced and skilled technologist. Providing hands on business-facing application support and development of the portfolio management system (Orchestrade). The firm has ambitious plans to develop its data warehouse and reporting strategy which will be a significant growth area to the role.
- Assist in development and industrialisation of daily monitoring and maintenance of their portfolio management system
- Maintain and evolve customisations of the PMS and Compliance system which has been written in C#
- Work with existing tech team and business to identify and implement workflow enhancements and fixes to increase operational STP across a wide range of asset classes
- Assist with day to day (BAU) support of the firms portfolio management system (PMS) and associated workflows
- Participate in the data warehouse and reporting strategy to analyse large data sets and provide meaningful reporting.
- Work with existing tech team and business to identify and road test new electronic trading platforms and assist with implementation across a wide range of asset classes
- Work with existing tech team and business to identify, document, and where possible, automate current processes outside of core technology solutions
- Assist with the review of and addition to documentation of technical processes within firm Wiki environment
- Assist with the development, implementation and constant improvement of automated regression testing plan to control system patches and upgrades.
- Managing issues queue with PMS provider and others
Systems and Product knowledge
- Experience of working with an Order Management System (Calypso/Orchestrade/Murex preferable)
- Project design, maintenance and delivery
- Experience of writing technical and operational specs
- C# at an intermediate level
- SQL queries, Stored Procedures and Views
- Understanding of financial markets (buy or sell side)
- Python - Pandas/ NumPy
- Broad product knowledge beneficial, including IRS, FRAs, Swaptions, FX, FXOptions, CDS, Futures, Future Options, Bonds, Local markets, etc.
- Excel (Macro/VBA level preferred)
- JIRA/ Confluence
- GitHub or equivalent
- Practical knowledge of relational databases
- Experience of software upgrades and regression testing of PMS
- Knowledge of Mifid II with a focus on ORK
- Prior experience of working with a reporting platform
- Understanding of shell scripting for software deployment
Please apply to this role if you are a technologist with experience of a portfolio management system, existing programming skills in C# and SQL with a desire to work in a business facing role at a Hedge Fund.