Technical Writer – FinTech, London
A specialist FinTech firm building globally distributed cloud based data investment platforms for the financial services industry.
Summary of role
You will play a critical part of a growing technology function within a successful FinTech firm. The Sales Engineering team are responsible for working with the sales team to identify and onboard clients while becoming an SME of their cloud based product.
The purpose of this role will be to build an exception experience for end users of the core platform. This includes working with SMEs to develop, organise and write API documentation.
Proven experience in producing user documentation, tutorials and user guides. Working in a highly technical team, you will analyse technical information, gain a deep understanding of the core product offering and translate this into engaging content within a growing community.
You will be responsible for new content creation while also using innovative design to improve existing content and documents.
It’s essential that you have previous experience as a technical writer or as a business analyst responsible for documentation within a financial services firm.
This role doesn’t require hands-on coding skills but the ability to read and understand code would be beneficial.
- Financial services/financial products knowledge
- Experience working as a technical writer or financial services BA
- Working with internal and external business users to gather technical requirements
- Produce tutorials, user guides and content creation
- Ability to read and understand code (Python)
- Creating API documentation
- Excellent communication skills (written + verbal)