Our client is a global Investment Bank who have recently benefitted from substantial growth across their EMEA region. They require a Technical Business Analyst to support the implementation of best-in-class financial reporting processes across their EMEA and APAC regions. Due to the business recent growth this makes it a very exciting and interesting time to join the business.
As a Technical Business Analyst you will act as the conduit between Finance and IT accurately capturing and processing financial reporting data. This will then feed into the Financial Accounting Hub & Oracle fusions General Ledger and internal trading ERP applications to ensure data is accurately represented on outbound XML messages as well as end of day reporting extracts.
- Ensure data is accurately represented on outbound XML messages as well as end of day reporting extracts
- Validate economic details of the trade remain in-tact throughout the trade life cycle
- Ensure trade events are captured and processed accurately and interpreted by the trade Subledger and general ledger
- Advise on best practice approach on accounting methods for trade cashflows for settlement and valuations for P&L and Balance
- Ensure accounting adjustments can be processed either through trade tickets, or local Finance adjustments within the subledger or general ledger.
- Ensure financial reporting considerations/constraints are incorporated into the trade accounting interface design and construction
- Work in a co-ordinated manner around go-live activities, ensuring services are transitioned into the live production environment in a manner which is compliant with technology policy and non-disruptive to the business
- Assist QA member on test strategy, test plans and test scripting
- Work with the software vendor, raising tickets with any product defects
- ACCA or ACA Qualified Accountant
- Extensive experience working with financial investment products including FX and FX Options
- Accounting qualifications (full or part qualified) which supports an understanding of technical accounting requirements on IFRS, UK-GAAP
- Experience with trading platforms
- Understand the needs of a Finance organisation and be comfortable around financial reporting disclosures, month-end processes, year-end P&L accounting.
- Have experience of Subledger and General Ledger applications for financial accounting
- Have experience working on documenting testing and be au-fait with the various types of technology testing which needs to be undertaken to ensure deliverables are fit for purpose.
If you feel you have the relevant experience for this role then please apply to this advert and send your CV to Fee Henderson at Twenty Recruitment.