Sybase/SQL-Server Developer - Finance - London
A global leading financial indexing business are looking to hire a database developer to work on upcoming projects that have come as a result of growth.
The individual will be responsible for assisting in the successful delivery of strategic initiatives through accurate and detail analysis of business requirements and the changes required to accommodate them.
- Development and ongoing support of systems in a wide spectrum of languages and technologies
- Responsible for solution delivery, including meeting development schedules and ensuring the delivered solution meets the technical specifications and design requirements.
- Liaising with other teams to meet functional and non-functional requirements, and meet acceptance criteria
- Good Linux knowledge and scripting skills required
- Good experience in SQL optimisations essential
- Experience in Sybase ASE, SQL Server or My SQL preferred
- Sound background in core java and server based development essential
- Experience with optimisation of Java for high performance, caching techniques and JVM garbage collection tuning would be advantageous
- It is expected with limited supervision the candidate will be able to deliver each of the key objectives of the role identified above. It is therefore expected that he or she will have:
- Extensive experience of working on a developer working on critical system
- Must be able to work under pressure and prioritise conflicting tasks to complete them in the most effective way
- Internet service delivery
- Degree qualified in a science or IT based discipline
- Real time systems solutions
- Financial markets experience
- Public Cloud - AWS or Azure