Sybase Database Engineer - Financial Services - Surrey
Salary: £65,000 - £75,000 per annum
Key Technical Skills: Sybase, SQL, UNIX, Linux, Windows, T-SQL
This position will require you to support the Sybase database infrastructure, work on change, problems and incidents and solving production and non-production issues. You will be expected to provide high level technical support ans serve as a technical advisor for others in the Global Database support team.
- Develop and maintain database build standards including how applications should be installed for both client access and server.
- Provide database design support to development projects.
- Provide in-depth performance tuning for development cycles and production support.
- Rapid response to high level issues.
- Review all database application code and write stored procedures.
- Monitor and manage database resources (disk space, event logs, etc…) and applications that require the database.
- Experience working with Solaris and Linux requirements gathering skills
- Experience in Citrix, Web Development, Clearcase, and Remedy would also be an advantage
- Shell scripting - preferably korn shell
- Experience working with Sun Solaris and Linux.
- Familiarity with monitoring products.
If you are interested in this role; or indeed if you are interested in any other infrastructure roles, please feel respond to this email or call Mike on 0203 189 4295