Strategic/Enterprise Architect - Payments - Hampshire
A global banking group are looking for a Strategic/Enterprise Architect to work within Their payments Architecture team work closely with the development, infrastructure and operations teams. This person will be responsible for driving the payment gateway architecture to ensure that the service is resilient, scalable and flexible for the ongoing demands on the service over the coming years.
- Responsible for developing the overall payment solution architecture which is to be used to support payment gateways development, integration, test and production systems.
- In this role the architect will set the technical, professional and operational direction of the solution which will be key to delivery of business benefits and help define the business and technical strategy for the usage of cloud services.
- The role will have a strategic influence on sub functions strategies, such as Dev Ops and Development.
- Working closely with senior stakeholders from the business, the architect must understand and interpret the key requirements of the business into technical designs.
- Carry out or evaluate detailed research and in-depth analyses of current available technologies and products to develop an innovative industry leading solution to specific complex problems to be resolved within a PCI compliant data centre environment
- Responsible for developing technology infrastructure solutions including a strategic architecture vision and costs to meet business requirements in line with local and group-wide IT strategies and architectures
- Act as the acknowledged authority for existing and future based solutions and be the Subject Matter Expert to both the technical development teams and the business.
- Interact and present up to the CTO level with regard to prepared HLD documents
- Ensure solutions follow the appropriate architectural principles.
- Communicate the target architecture design and roadmap to the business, product and engineering teams
describing the design and making them available to foster knowledge and create agreement on what is being built.
- Review corresponding Low Level Design documents created by the infrastructure and operational teams to ensure they are compliant with the overall strategic design
- Help the company stay in a technology leadership position by doing advanced research and prototyping.
- Develop and maintain architectural vision for the platform including moves to the cloud, coordinating with product and engineering teams.
- Communicate non-functional requirements to the Build teams throughout the build process, as well as assisting with their implementation where required.
- Serve as a thought leader on the architecture team, helping guide architecture as a whole.
- Honours Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience in architecture at a strategic level.
- An acknowledged authority of payment gateway technical solutions as well as an expert in a complementary field (such as operational or infrastructure)
- Experience of Architectural Governance
- Strong experience as technical architect or network/infrastructure architect who has developed both HLD and LLD.
- Seen as a thought leader in the provision of architectures including IaaS and PaaS.
- In depth knowledge of IaaS and PaaS strategies and solutions and how a business can take advantage of the benefits.
- Demonstrable experience of involvement in a migration from physical data centres to a cloud model and the issues related to them.
- Use of technologies related to PaaS and IaaS.
- Experience of working in commercial and financial institutions in a regulatory environment
- Knowledge and experience of Cloud based infrastructures (e.g. Azure, AWS)
- Working knowledge of DevOps technologies, Windows, Networking technologies (F5 networks, Cisco, DNS)
- Experience of the following technologies
- PaaS and IaaS