A leading global Asset Manager based on the outskirts of London. Has a strong reputation and enviable presence in its respected markets. The firm has maintained an excellent culture due to the level of experience and expertise across the senior management team.
Working within the Enterprise Storage Department this role is responsible for providing a mix of operational, engineering and automation duties. A hands on role where you will need to understand and manager the hardware and software architecture that is currently being used to provide storage for all applications. You will also be required to manage major service incidents and work with the global team to drive service improvement initiatives focused on Storage and Backup.
- Identify and agree operational activities to support the SAN, NAS and Backup environments
- Engineer and implement new and replacement storage technologies
- Liaise with existing storage staff to develop tools to ease management, monitoring and reporting
- Capacity management within the SAN and NAS environments
- Oversee and lead key programmes of work within the storage environment
- SAN and Storage administration
- Good understanding of the various server, network and database technologies
- Prior experience in Systems Administration on Storage Platforms
- Experience in building highly available solutions
- Strong knowledge of Hardware (switches and storage)
- Proven track record of Engineering, building, implementation, and supporting complex storage solutions
- Code development and scripting experience
- Experience working with various RESTful APIs, JSON pay-loads, No-SQL and SQL persistence
If this sounds of interest please apply below or send an email