A top-tier asset manager is looking for a Senior Statutory and Regulatory Accountant to act as a Deputy to, and will ultimately succeed, the Department Head. This firm have experienced significant AUM growth over the past few years, leading to a subsequent requirement to bolster their controls offering to the business.
- Lead the timely delivery of statutory accounts production in accordance with appropriate guidelines and policies (IFRS/UK GAAP)
- Act as an SME for all technical accounting processes, issues and procedures as well as taking the lead in the audit process
- Ensure the accuracy and timely submission of the regulatory returns across entities to the FCA
- Work closely with the Risk Team to ensure accurate production of the ICAAP document, Pillar 3 disclosures and stress testing scenarios as well as MI around capital and liquidity
- Be the point of contact within Finance for any/all regulatory updates and changes, such as MiFID
- Constantly strive for enhancements of the finance control framework as well as risk and control oversight process
- Responsible for the training and development of at least two team members
Success in this role will require:
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA or ACCA or CIMA), ideally with a background in audit
- Excellent technical understanding with both IFRS and UK GAAP
- At least 12-18 months in a financial reporting, statutory reporting or regulatory reporting role within financial services (ideally, asset management)
- Must be able to demonstrate an overall understanding of regulatory changes that will impact the financial services sector (ideally, asset management)
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who is looking to join a rapidly growing asset management firm in a team that is experiencing investment and a role that will become the Department Head within the next few years.
For further information, please reach out to Shahena Khan at Twenty Financial Services.