An Energy sector company based in central London is looking for a SQL DBA. You will join their IT team to support the existing database.
- To deliver 2nd line support to the companies Microsoft SQL Farm of database servers.
- Creating, backing up, restoring databases, creating and running stored procedures for SQL, troubleshooting existing database issues and ensure database consistency.
Daily tasks will include:
- Index and Statistics Maintenance and DBCC checks on Production and Test databases
- Review monitoring and alert systems for failures and warnings
- Investigate SQL Agent job failures and resolve the issues
- Investigate and resolve database Locking and Blocking issues
- Creating tickets and following through with escalation and to resolution for any issues found
- Ensuring SQL clustering and Always-On Availability Replicas are healthy
- Security Adding Logins and Users and granting server and database access.
- Scripted backup and restore of databases
- Installation, configuration and patching of Microsoft SQL, SSAS and SSIS
- Running SQL scripts on databases
- Creating, Amending and Running stored procedures
- Experience of Microsoft SQL services.MS SQL 2008 R2, MS SQL 2012, MS SQL 2014, MS SQL 2016.
- Experience within SQL Server Analysis Services, Reporting Services and Integration will be beneficial