Software Quality Engineer - Financial Services - London - Flexible Competitive Salary
A leading financial services firm are looking for a Software Quality Engineer to join their growing team.
- Create test plans and matrices to support new project features.
- Design, document and develop automated test cases and test data.
- Identify and report bugs discovered and ensure that any fixes resolve the problem.
- Support, extend and improve our proprietary automated test framework.
- Support test environments to ensure they remain green and any problems are flagged up/fixed as they occur.
- Work closely with the development, business and trade desk teams to support and co-ordinate any testing requirements.
- Highlight potential quality risks and issues for new project features.
- Support complex projects which may involve multiple systems and/or other developers both in London and the United States.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other related field.
- Previous QA experience is required, with recent and demonstrable experience creating automated test cases and working with test frameworks.
- Python development experience or working knowledge of other similar dynamic scripting languages. Python nose testing framework preferred.
- Experience with a software development environment, either Linux built-in tooling or an IDE such as PyCharm or Eclipse.
- SQL experience is necessary.
- Experience working with Jenkins or similar continuous integration environments.
- Familiarity with Linux systems as an end user as well as being able to perform basic system administrator tasks.
- Familiarity with source control systems, eg SVN, git, etc and bug tracking tools, eg Jira.
- Experience working with agile methodologies is preferable.
This is a very exciting opportunity for a skilled and effective Software Quality Engineer looking for a new challenge within an innovative global company with a wealth of expertise and knowledge.
If you are interested in this role please contact me on 02031894344.