A leading 3rd Level Education organisation based in Central London is looking for a Software Delivery Manager to aid in the successful development and delivery of business applications, software and services. As the Software Delivery Manager, you will play an integral part in the full lifecycle of software delivery whilst managing a small team of developers. Upon joining the IT team you will have the opportunity to work on a broad range of applications and drive development to maintain and improve current business solutions, and to deliver new business transformation projects, across the range of University systems.
- Provide leadership and line management for the development teams, to technically design and develop applications, software and systems
- Lead key software/application projects, managing and planning the team resources to develop and deliver solutions
- Oversee the testing of new functionality in University systems as released through projects, upgrades and software updates, providing support through user acceptance testing, and project release.
- Create, implement and maintain a continuous improvement plan for software development.
- Implement mechanisms to monitor, manage and provide progress on all software development activities.
- Produce and ensure the production of reports, technical documentation and user guides as required to support the governance and procedures.
- Build and maintain effective and productive working relationships with colleagues, clients and third parties.
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrable and substantial experience in leading and managing teams of software developers.
- Experience of successfully designing and developing sophisticated software products deployed in a variety of environments.
- Hands-on experience of coding using more than one recognised industry standard language (e.g., C++; .NET, C#)
- Experience of developing student management systems (SITS, Unit4, Banner)
- Working in an Agile environment
- Performance and line management of highly skilled teams
- Experience of successfully delivering sophisticated software products/solutions into a variety of environments.
- Experience with Automate/Flow, RESTful APIs Microsoft PowerApps,
- Experience working with PowerBI
- 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Membership of a group personal pension scheme with a 7% minimum contribution by the company, with up to 10% contribution by the company
- Loans of up to £10,000, to include covering daily travel costs, rental deposits, and bicycles
- Medical cover
This is a brand-new opportunity for a Software Delivery Manager to step into a rewarding environment and to continue to grow their experience and skillset.
If this sounds like something you'd like to hear more about, please send your most recent CV, along with your contact details and we can arrange to discuss in further detail.