The service manager will represent their Business Streams within IT (and vice versa). They require an in-depth knowledge of their Business line and the IT dependencies, a good understanding of related development projects underway and their likely impact upon business services.
The successful service manager will continually monitor service performance and liaise regularly with technical teams to ensure any underlying issues are addressed, and with Business Managers to ensure that their needs are addressed and that they are kept up to date with progress. They ensure that required service level agreements and support processes are properly in place, together with appropriate performance measures and reporting mechanisms.
- Identifying incident trends and working with technical teams to uncover underlying issues
- Instigating and pursuing root cause analysis and solutions through Problem and Change management
- Monitoring and reporting service usage and performance against SLAs
- Delivery and presentation of Service performance reports to key stakeholders
- Developing service models and related documentation in conjunction with Project, Technical and Business teams, and owning the associated documentation standards
- Development and maintenance of Service Level Agreements (SLA) for existing Services in scope
- Ensure that technical teams have appropriate agreements in place with 3rd party vendors, working also with Procurement to bring about any necessary changes
- Regular liaison with technical teams and, where appropriate, with 3rd party suppliers to discuss service related issues that directly impact the respective customer groups
- Developing and maintaining ITIL Service Management processes and procedures, monitoring compliance and undertaking continual improvements as required
- Proactive service improvement - developing and proposing business cases to Lines of Business and driving the resulting service improvement initiatives
- Ensuring key IT Service Management aligned permanent controls held within the Operational Risk framework are completed with no exceptions
- Participation in internal and external audits aligned to service manager alongside Service Management internal processes
- Extensive Service management experience
- Experience with operations and business impact side of Service management as opposed to managing technical teams.
- Strong enterprise Incident management experience
- Financial experience is strongly preferred
- ITIL Practitioner or Expert