* Answering the service desk phone, responding to email enquiries and handling walk-up service enquiries.
* Accurately logging incidents and service requests in the service desk software system.
* Taking ownership of contacts to the service desk and following through to completion or resolution within agreed SLAs and timeframes.
* Triage, prioritisation and allocation of incidents and service requests to second and third line team colleagues.
* Managing problem escalations where appropriate.
* Ensuring the service desk tickets are continually up to date and being actively monitored and progressed through the system.
* Escalating incidents and service requests as appropriate to ensure SLAs are met.
* Ensuring regular, clear communication on the status of service desk tickets with colleagues and the business.
* Assisting with the support and maintenance of workstations, laptops, mobile phones and printers in the office.
* Assisting with the production of problem and incident reports for distribution to the business.
* Escalate issues that may impact service delivery to the IT Manager or IT Director.
* Take ownership of the IT Service Desk incident backlog and ensure that incidents are logged correctly with accurate and relevant metadata.
* Strong skills and demonstrable experience in using and supporting Windows 7, Windows Server, Citrix and the Microsoft Office suite of products.
* Knowledge of Active Directory and MS Exchange is considered beneficial.
* Basic knowledge and familiarity with virtualisation technology.
* General networking knowledge and experience e.g. CCNA is essential.
* Demonstrable experience working in a first and second line service desk environment in a financial services, legal or insurance organisation.
* ITIL v.4 (or v.3) Foundation qualification and working familiarity with ITIL service management practices.
* Experience with JIRA Service Desk or a similar service desk system would be highly beneficial.