Senior Windows Engineer – Financial Services – London
Key Details: Permanent; up to £80,000 per annum
Key Skills: SCCM, AD, BAU, Ops, Support, WinServ 2008R2, 2012R2, 2016, PowerShell
A leading Financial Services organisation is looking for a technically solid WinServ engineer to join a FTS Windows support team to act as a de facto deputy for the team lead in supporting business critical services on their WindowsOS estate. The role will be focused primarily on providing a conduit of escalation for 3rd/4th line support across the OS estate and co-ordinating with a globally spread and disparate team.
Along with providing support in an operational capacity and working for a globally recognised brand, the position will also incorporate elements of engineering, working closely with Project Management to ensure successful delivery of changes into production environments and providing continued support for them on servers.
- To manage, maintain and enhance the OS Server estate across the vertical
- Provision of 3rd & 4th line support
- Work to automate and create efficiencies across the estate
- Conduct RCAs and problem management to discover and resolve issues and errors prior to finding fault
- There will be out of hours, on-call and weekend hours in this role
- Strong and enterprise experience with WindowsOS inc. 2008R2, 2012R2 & 2016
- Excellent PowerShell scripting & automation skills
- Enterprise SCCM & Active Directory skills
- Previous experience working within the Financial Services sector
If interested in this position, please apply below or call Ciarán on 0203 189 4352