Senior VMWare Engineer – Financial Services – London
Key Details: Permanent, up to £70,000 per annum
Key Skills: VMWare, VSphere, Nutanix, ESXi, Platforms, virtualisation
A global banking organisation is looking for a VMWare SME to join their business to own and develop their virtual technologies. If successful, you will be responsible for designing & implementing enhancements and builds across their estate, from small-scale EOL upgrades to large projects including migrations & integrations.
You will get to use your SME-level experience to create efficiencies and provide direction to the strategy of the business for their utilisation of VMWare technologies and considerable business projects over the next number of years. On top of this, you will be responsible for, and get the opportunity to, train & mentor members of the VMWare team, to shape them in your mould.
- Architect & design solutions across virtualised platforms
- Ensure uptime for virtualised platforms and ensuring capacity through close collaboration with other teams within Infrastructure
- Mentoring of other team members as the senior member of the team
- Act as the escalation point for all raised issues from the BAU and support teams
- To effectively design and build major projects including Nutanix migration and bank integrations
- VMWare SME, including experience with ESX & VSphere
- Nutanix experience
- Experience working in a role of a solutions designer or solutions architect greatly beneficial
- Broader infrastructure experience including storage, networks & OS beneficial
If interested in this position, please reach out to Ciarán on 0203 189 4352