An excellent opportunity has arisen for a motivated and hard-working individual to join the Trade Finance department at a leading financial institution based in the city. This role will sit in the Guarantees team are part of the Transaction Processing Unit, within the Operations Division for EMEA.
This candidate will be managing the Guarantee team's workflow to ensure customer expectations and agreed service levels are met. Will assist as necessary with the broader portfolio managed by the Guarantees team, including but not limited to processing, verification, document review and guidance in relation to this work.
- Process and maintain guarantees as required. Monitor all guarantee events.
- Responsible for the input, cross check and verification process
- Issue, Amend or Advise Letters of Credit
- Assist with ensuring all procedures and directives are up to date and maintained within the team.
- Report and control all pending items, and timely escalation all of matters requiring management attention.
- Good experience in Commodity Structured Trade Finance is required
- Demonstrable knowledge of all guarantee and Standby Letters of Credit products and their lifecycles.
- Technical competence in all rules and publications by the ICC, including and not limited to UCP600, ISP98, URDG748.
- Ability to review and structure guarantees to ensure they comply with both the banks' procedures and processing requirements.
- Ability to provide a Guarantee advisory service as a recognised technical expert.
If this role is of interest, please send me an updated CV for a confidential discussion about this role and your job search.