A financial services organisation are looking for a newly qualified UK VAT specialist with 3-5 years' experience to join their London based in house team. This is a newly created, highly progressive role, working within a small function with a global reach across 35+ entities, reporting into the US.
Specifically your responsibilities will include:
- UK & European VAT SME within the organisation
- Accurate and timely submission of VAT returns, including prompt payment to the relevant tax authorities.
- Working with the business on new products, charging the correct VAT
- Provide UK and European VAT compliance, VAT accounting and support to the business
- All processes and procedures in place are good, but need to enhance these and take part in an implementation later on in the year
To be considered for this job, you will have the following experience:
- Newly ACA, ACCA, CTA (or equivalent) qualified with a STRONG UK tax background
- Ability to explain tax matters to non-tax people
- Background and detailed knowledge of UK, EU and non-EU VAT in both a compliance and advisory capacity
- Challenging the business to create best practise and a better way of working
- Ability to build relationships with all levels of stakeholders across the business
- Used to a matrix environment
- Experience using Oracle and Vertex
If you feel you have the relevant experience for this opportunity then please apply to this advert