Senior Software Architect - Payments - Hampshire
A global banking group with a real fintech feel are looking for a Senior Software Architect to work within their Development department that focus primarily on payment solutions. This person will be a key enabler to the rest of the department, responsible for key software design decisions and for identifying, documenting and prototyping technology solutions to meet business requirements in line with business and Group IT strategies and architecture.
* Act as the acknowledged authority for payment gateway based solutions.
* responsible for key software design decisions and for identifying, documenting and prototyping technology solutions to meet business requirements
* Subject Matter Expert for the technical development teams and the business
* Communicate the target architecture design and roadmap throughout the business.
* Work closely with the development, infrastructure and operations teams
* Responsible for driving the payment gateway architecture
* Working alongside development teams and interacting with a number of other internal teams
* Strong experience as a senior application/software architect in a commercial and/or financial environment, working alongside business analysts and designers to build a large scale platform with a proven track record of success
* Experience of high-volume transactional applications using Java as the core language to perform highly concurrent functions.
* Demonstrable experience of developing/architecting highly scalable and resilient platforms in a three tier environment of web, application and database
* Honours degree in Computer Science or equivalent
* Payments experience
* Experience of solutions built around micro services, containerisation and PaaS
* Experience of using cloud based technologies and solutions
* Knowledge of PCI :DSS and PA:DSS standards and conformance
* Ability to prototype code to provide templates for development teams.
* Experience of working in a DevOps environment
* Use of technologies related to PaaS and IaaS
* Experience of OpenShift, Docker and Kubernetes
* Experience of developing using Agile / Scrum methodologies
* Experience in commercial development using the following supporting technologies:
o J2EE, JSF, Spring Framework, Agile.js
o JBOSS AS
o SOAP Web Services and REST
o JDBC and Oracle
o Red Hat and Apache
* Experience in Automated Build and Deployment Processes (e.g. ANT build scripts / Jenkins CI / Apache Maven / Gradle)
* Knowledge of API Gateways such as Akano and/or Mulesoft