- Senior developer using a Java technology stack.
- Own the delivery of business requirements through to test and production release.
- Face-off to stakeholders - Business Development, Product, Risk, Operations - to understand business requirements, the impact on systems and able to design solutions and estimate delivery effort.
- Deputise for team lead.
- Occasional third line system support.
Candidate Profile / Key Skills
- Strong server side Java development skills including required knowledge to productively develop fault tolerant distributed systems communicating via messaging middleware.
- Keen to balance business delivery and technical improvement; will have a drive to improve quality and productivity of delivery and be able to dissect systems to incrementally deliver significant system improvements with this in mind.
- Strong up-to-date knowledge of modern software development practices with a practical view about how to apply these in a regulated financial institution.
- Experience with relational and no-SQL databases, will be required to work with Oracle database and Aerospike.
- Strong familiarity with Java development toolset including Maven and Eclipse or IntelliJ.
- Able to effectively use dependency injection frameworks such as Spring.
- Experienced with developing unit tests executed with JUnit within a continuous integration framework.
- Awareness of derivative trade life-cycle and typical issues which will affect batch and intraday trade processing systems.
- Team player with a desire to work in a self-directed business focused development team.
- Familiarity with derivative trade management and risk or margin calculations.
- Familiarity with Credit Derivative products.
- Familiarity with .NET WPF GUI development would be useful.