Role: Senior Full Stack Web Developer
Reports to: Distribution Technology Manager
The senior full stack web developer is an exciting opportunity to lead the solution design and delivery of the client's public and client web platforms, client reporting and supporting services.
This is a hands on technical role with a substantial amount of business interaction.
You should be resourceful, energetic, and ready to hit the ground running. You'll need work well in a team but also be a leader and an instigator. You should be ready to share ideas and fresh perspectives.
This is a great role for an experienced full stack web developer looking to take the next step up in their career.
- Design and delivery of technical solutions with an emphasis on quality, automation and continuous integration
- Build strong relationships with business stakeholders, collaborate on requirements relationships and ensuring that the technology strategy is aligned with business goals and strategy
- Provide technical leadership within a small dynamic development team
- Research emerging technologies, processes and best practices
Job Specific Competencies
Technical Skills/Systems Knowledge (and associated skill level)
- Knowledge of modern web and software development methodologies and toolsets
- Experience in Java development and Web Application Frameworks
- Experience working with databases (relational and other), Cloud, messaging, integration & APIs
- Advocate of agile engineering principles with a drive for automation - build/test tools, continuous integration and delivery
Preferred by non-essential Technical Skills/Systems Knowledge
- Any experience with WordPress and/or PHP would be a plus
- Any experience with React would be a plus
Academic/Professional Qualifications (or equivalent qualifiers)
- Formal education in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline preferred
People (team-working/collaboration skills)
- Manage relationships with developers and digital teams across the business to ensure close working practices and productive processes
- Fantastic communicator and collaborator keen to work closely across teams and the business
Self (integrity and the ability to reflect confidence)
- Exceptional problem solving skills and intellectual curiosity
- Passion for innovation and creative problem solving with an enthusiasm to evangelise to others