A global tier 1 investment bank is looking for a Senior Financial Accountant to join their international controller’s team at one of their London based offices. The candidate will be a newly qualified or part qualified accountant, with impeccable academic results and exposure to financial services, VAT and some regulatory reporting.
Specifically your responsibilities will include:
- Support the development of internal controls within the team
- Assisting and owning some of the preparation of statistical regulatory returns
- Preparation of both Financial and Tax reports and returns
- Standardise current documentation for reporting process and maintain these via regular updates
- Continually improve processes as the organisation moves from manual to automated functionality
- Assist with daily, monthly and quarterly regulatory reporting which is required by both local and US regulatory bodies
- Deputise for other members of the team to ensure deliverables are met
To be considered for this job, you will have the following experience:
- Strong academic results with a 2:1 degree or higher from a Top University/Relevant Subject
- Newly qualified or part-qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA) with 2-5 years of experience
- Sustained experience with financial services organisations, to have an understanding of investment banking products
- Some exposure to Financial Control, VAT and Regulatory reporting
- Desire to develop out broad finance experience and be fluid across responsibilities
- Great technical and systems knowledge
- Excellent Excel abilities
- Self-motivated and ambitious for a career as an accounting professional within FS
- Competent at manipulating large sets of data and using Excel
- Works well within a team, has good communication skills/soft skills, adaptable and quick to learn
This opportunity offers a fantastic package and internal progression, with a great level of responsibilities early on. It is perfect for anyone who strives for personal success in a large organisation.
If this sounds like you or something you could be interested in, please send your CV to Monty Eayrs from Twenty Group.