An exciting, fast paced and exponentially growing Fintech start up are looking for a Qualified Accountant to join their team, working very close to the financial accounting and regulatory reporting to form an integral part in helping achieve their banking license and IPO.
The role will report directly into the Group Financial Controller and will cover the breadth of finance in a hands on accounting role with increasing responsibility. Ideally, this person will be seeking their first industry role from practice or has moved from practice after qualifying and have 1/2 years' experience within a Financial Services business.
Specifically your responsibilities will include:
- Month end, accounting and controls
- Technical accounting - specific focus around IFRS9, treasury and revenue.
- Working with the legal team to add a finance eye to B2B agreements
- Looking after all things tax.
- Regulatory reporting to the PRA/FCA
To be considered for this job, you will have the following experience:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA ACCA CIMA)
- Strong technical expertise in financial accounting
- Working knowledge of IFRS9
- Understanding of bank regulatory reporting
- Knowledge of R&D, tax, capitalisation and return to asset
- Experience using SUN accounting software
- Ambition that mirrors that of the business
- Outstanding interpersonal skills are crucial
- Beneficial - been through IPO/laid infrastructure for banking license application
- Beneficial - knowledge of EMI/ share schemes