A FTSE listed, global financial markets/technology company are looking for a qualified accountant to manage a divisional financial close process and year end reporting, in a role that has a wide remit in supporting a number of change initiatives across the business. This requires an individual to manage senior stakeholder relationships and ensure high standards for the finance function and their controls.
- Manage the financial close process and year-end reporting for the consolidation, assisting the Finance team in their change strategy and projects
- Preparing for the division’s external reporting submissions for the business’ interim and year-end preliminary results announcements under IFRS
- Play a part in the annual Budget process, by summarising financial performance of legal entities to Finance Business Partners. Additionally, reviewing and verifying the final Budget submissions
- Manage and oversee the finance activities performed by both on-shore and off-shore financial accountants in the month-end close process across all subsidiary entities, whilst identifying and implementing improvements to the process
- Lead the development of the entity financial controls; reviews and recommendations for the overseas finance functions, critical analysis of key balance sheet accounts, cash flow forecasts, liquidity assessments and oversight of sub-ledger reconciliations
- Plan the accounting team’s production of statutory accounts and being a key point of contact for external auditor, preparing impairment reviews and going concern assessments
- Review and when required prepare ad-hoc accounting papers, dividend proposals and briefing memos for the Board of Directors and Executive Committee Members
- Engage with the wider company finance function to share best practices and improve the quality and efficiency of reporting
- Qualified Chartered Accountant with minimum 6 years PQE.
- Experience working on large multi-currency & global consolidations and matrix finance structures.
- Strong financial accounting, reporting and control experience, in particular in revenue recognition
- Strong stakeholder management skills