A global corporate and investment bank with a large UK presence are looking to expand their trading technology function and as a result are looking for a new senior developer. This position will focus on the functional build out of their trading platform which consists of vendor products integrated with their in-house components.
- Oversight of London-based development efforts, including growth, regulatory, tech debt, and BAU projects.
- Developing in-house components to integrate with the vendor platform used by the Rates business as well as deliver enhancements directly onto the vendor platform. Unit, system, regression, and performance testing.
- Communicate effectively with other development team members, other project members, other managers and users, gauging the level of technical knowledge of the audience in these communications.
- Contribution to architecture, infrastructure strategy, and design road map.
- Partnership with project management.
- Ensuring repeatable development processes to ensure appropriate governance of these environments (e.g morning checks, scheduled updates from prod)
- Identification and analysis of problematic workflows and determining solutions to address bottlenecks or other areas of instability.
- Face off against trading and sales, development, and product teams, partnership with first-line support teams, and interaction with lateral functions such as risk, controls, and compliance. Analysis of problems holistically (vs. from tech standpoint only.)
- 5-10 years experience developing high-performance software, with 3-5 years of direct management of platforms. In-depth experience in environment management.
- Proven experience in C#,C++, STL, and Relational Databases (e.g.MicrosoftSQLServer)
- Strong communication skills and ease in articulating technical approach and status to tech and business stakeholders.
- Experience in a fast-paced trading environment and background in a corporate setting.
- Ease in working with matrixed and global environments. Understanding of a front-to-back stack in a trading environment.
- A proactive attitude towards problem solving and willingness to be a hands-on technologist.
- Background in electronic trading technology
- Background in Fixed Income products
- Savings Plan – automatically enrolled in the pension scheme.
- Core contribution which is equal to 10% of basic salary and new starters can flex their contributions
- Life Assurance – ability to flex up and down
- Income Protection – Flex up and down
- Private Medical Cover – Automatically enrolled, can add on dependants to own cost or opt out.
- Annual performance review and bonus scheme dependant on personal and company performance
If you feel you have the relevant experience for this opportunity then please apply to this advert and send your CV to Oliver Parker at Twenty