Data Scientist required for industry leading Energy Consultancy to work on innovation, trading and customer projects within their London offices. This is a hugely exciting time for the Data Scientist to join a rapidly growing company. The Data Scientist will have expertise in data science tools such as R, SQL, Python, Spark and other Big Data technologies. The Company has an international presence so if you had an urge to work abroad at some point this is a Company that would support that. These roles are far from "business as normal"- they are heavily focused on research and development, allowing you the artistic freedom to apply the best technologies and techniques to your work. The Company has truly bought into Data Science, backing this department to grow.
Some of the key aspects of the role include:
- Mentoring team members in the use of data science tools such as R, SQL, Python, Spark and other Big Data technologies.
- Testing and designing algorithms allowing for the automation of insight; both business and customer.
- Defining data needs for teams across the business.
- Guiding stakeholders to implement new algorithms and methods based on your work.
- Creating and validating models both statistical and machine learning to deliver customer insight.
The successful Data Scientist will be "seasoned" in their craft, having clear examples of extracting, transforming and working with complex data sets and the application of advanced analytical techniques. The Data Scientist will ideally have an emphasis on SAS, R or Python and the use of predictive models and machine learning.
If you would like to find out more about this opportunity or to speak to a specialist consultant regarding