Senior Business Analyst (Trading & Risk) – Commodities Firm, London
A global commodity trading firm who trade across a diverse range of markets including crude oil, refined petroleum products, natural gas, LNG and metals.
Summary of role
A senior business analyst with a deep understanding of commodities markets to join the technology trading and risk team.
You will be responsible for the creation of business requirements for the trading and risk IT portfolio including their change and transformation programmes and day to day operational activity.
You will work closely with business heads including the Head of Trading Technology, Head of Strategy and the Chief Risk Officer to play an active part in delivering on requirements as part of the trading and risk IT team.
The role will enable you to identify and drive improvements and innovation across both business and IT operating models. You will actively contribute to a high functioning Agile delivery team and ensure each requirement offer maximum business value.
An understanding of market data will be important, including how forward curves and volatility surfaces are utilised in quantitative modelling and pricing for risk reporting.
- Extensive commodities experience in a trading environment
- Excellent documentation skills, highly experienced of creating requirements in an Agile model with user stories
- Market data knowledge, forward curves, volatility surfaces and understanding how these are used in quantitative modelling and pricing
- Knowledge of OTC, exchange traded instruments and their trade lifecycles
- Project management
- Stakeholder management
- Proven ability to influence and communicate with global teams