Senior Big Data Developer required for leading Investment Banking Pillar in London. This role will join part of a high profile project and team to thread together the Big Data ecosystem and strategy for the department and Investment Bank. Candidates are welcome from both Banking and non-banking backgrounds although an aptitude and tenacity for the field is desirable.
Some of the key aspects of the role include:
- Applying knowledge of how to ingest data within the Hadoop ecosystem and leverage the different components.
- Designing and implementing a massively parallel data processing rules and workflow engine.
- Contribution towards architecture components, displaying a deep knowledge of the strengths and weaknesses of the associated technologies.
- Engaging with stakeholder and senior cross-functional developer to the most effective degree.
- Real-time replication of data along with the associated processing, aggregation and reporting of such huge quantities of data.
- Scala, Spark, Kafka.
- Hadoop; Hive, HBase, Impala.
- Enterprise level modelling with SQL.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Big Data Developer to carve their own path within an organisation that is at the beginning of its consolidation for Big Data. This function sits within one area of the group and for the right candidate the possibilities to expand and grow their team within other areas are vast.
Senior Big Data Developer - Spark - Scala - Risk - Investment Banking
If you would like to hear more about this particular opportunity or to discuss other options with one of our specialist consultants please get in touch.