This brokerage is a global broker dealer agency business, providing direct access trade execution and clearing services to institutional and professional traders for a wide variety of electronically traded products including stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, CFDs and funds worldwide.
This newly created job will focus on AML and KYC and the candidate should have aspirations to become the MLRO within a few years. The role offers an excellent step up and the chance to manage a small AML team.
Specifically your responsibilities will include:
- Participate in the review of KYC/Client Onboarding and take a proactive approach to solving compliance and legal issues
- Assist with any queries relating to KYC processes to ensure adherence to internal procedures and industry best practice
- Perform rolling due diligence especially with regard to PEPs, and other high risk accounts and AML-related reviews
- Assist in the supervision and establishment of money laundering controls
- Assist in drafting, updating and monitoring the company's policies and procedures for relevant business areas
- Gather information and prepare responses to enquiries from the FCA and/or other EEA regulatory bodies or law enforcement agencies; draft SARS for the NCA
- Carry out any other ad-hoc tasks at the request of the Compliance Officer such as preparing the MLRO Report
To be considered for this job, you will have the following experience:
- A good working knowledge of POCA, JMLSG, Third Money Laundering Directive and the key FCA principles for businesses and/or financial services sector (brokerage, bank or securities industry)
- Previous experience of a similar role (AML/Financial Crime) within Financial Services (ideally within UK within FCA regulated and authorised Forex/CFD broker space)
- Experience of 5-7 years + within AML and Financial Crime
- Previous experience supervising or managing a small team
- A Bachelor's degree in law or a finance is preferred
- Solid knowledge of KYC processes and understanding of the requirements for risk-based approach to on-boarding
- Strong analytical skills to use data/metrics for risk monitoring as well as good oral and written communication skills
If you feel you have the relevant experience for this newly created opportunity then please apply to this advert and send your CV to Emily Marmoy-Haynes, Financial Crime Compliance Recruitment Consultant at Twenty Recruitment.
Twenty Recruitment's Compliance function are a team of specialist consultants covering Financial Crime Compliance and Regulatory Compliance mandates, both permanent and temporary, across Financial Services, Technology and Energy.