Job Title: SAS Data Analyst
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: City of London
Industry: Financial Services
A Tier 1 Global Bank is looking to recruit a strong SAS Data Analyst to join their Risk Analytics function.
Working within the Risk Analytics function, this person will focus on developing the data framework across the department. They will be working on numerous projects, proposing innovative insights in order to drive the team forward; this is a role with real scope to utilise a deep knowledge of the customer to predict and manage processes and to determine how best to target certain segments of the given market.
The person filling this role will be expected to ensure that the end to end processes are based on accurate data and are structured accordingly. The team is high profile and will require the analyst to take ownership of the data strategy for numerous projects, reporting to stakeholders across the business.
Key Responsibilities and Skills:
- Understanding how an end to end data strategy is built.
- Understanding of ETL processes
- Excellent knowledge of data warehouses and MI environments; a strong enthusiasm for data quality, data warehousing, data modelling or data exploration.
- Excellent SAS skills are essential: experience with SAS DI is necessary.
- Knowledge of Rational Databases (Oracle, Teradata)
- Analysing and recommending how best to manipulate and use the data.
- Ability to take the lead in interactions with teams and stakeholders.
- Excellent SAS skills. Experience with SAS DI and/or ERL tools.
- Proposing original solutions to senior stakeholders in order to drive improvement.
- Ability to perform under pressure.
- Precision and attention to detail.