Risk Tester Contract - Clearing Financial Institution (Paris)
The Clearing IT team develops, tests and supports the technology for the client's Clearing service and platform. The systems enable the team to complete overnight margin calculations for members, novate intraday trades, run trade simulation requests and provide reports to members and regulators.
The role is for Tester to join the existing team and work in close collaboration with the business analyst, software development and support teams. The individual fulfilling this role will take a lead on functional test campaigns relating to pricing, risk and margin calculation.
The role will be based in Paris. Namely, strong verbal and written English/French skills are required.
- Work collaboratively with the Business Analyst team, Risk teams and other testers to define and enhance a hierarchical library of test cases for the client's in-house bespoke clearing platform.
- Work within a test campaign to execute agreed tests either automatically using the team's automated testing framework or manually using Credit Default Swaps Clear or other application components and a suite of complementary tools.
- Accurate recording and reporting of test results at a detailed level with a clear audit trail or at executive summary level suitable for managers and other colleagues.
- Logging of descriptive defects which allow others to recreate issues and identify solutions.
- Identify opportunities for Clearing system testability to be enhanced and generate specifications for the relevant development team.
Candidate Profile / Key Skills
- Experience in a risk management department of a financial institution as well as exposure to technology/change management teams.
- Demonstrated ability to review business requirements and system specifications and define functional test cases which test main day to day flows as well as potential edge cases not identified pre-implementation.
- Able to differentiate and organise the execution of integration and end-to-end functional tests
- Appreciation of the difference between testing against system specifications and regression testing.
- Desire to have manual tasks automated in order to improve efficiency of testing process and improve time to market.
- SQL skills suitable for querying extensive Oracle databases.
- Proactive communicator who will demonstrate initiative and challenge when opportunities for improvement are evident.
- Willingness to investigate and analyse problems, and to assess business impact/priority to escalate appropriately.
- Strong verbal and written English/French skills.
- Strong awareness of control environment applicable for a financial services firm providing key market infrastructure.
- Knowledge of risk margins covering calculations such as expected shortfalls, jump-to-default risk and liquidity risk
- Understanding of Credit Default Swap as a financial product, OTC and Credit Index Option products as well as pricing, life-cycle events and related market data.
- Experienced with test tools such as Quality Centre/JIRA, as well as exposure to R and SAS.
- Experience in defining and execution of non-functional testing.
- Experience automating processes in a test-release environment.