Twenty Financial Services are currently recruiting for a Risk Analyst for a Global Financial Services Institution in London.
Working within the Risk Reporting Team, sitting in the Risk Department, this role will focus on the continuous creation and provision of reports and the implementation and facilitation of internal changes in order to build and improve on the existing processes.
- Policy Reporting: the role will entail regular BAU; the creation of reports in Excel and ensuring that these reports are in line with regulations.
- Default Management: the measurement of market risk exposures in line with the firm's framework; the assessment of counter-party risk across different markets; the assessment of the aggregation of risks; the assessment of liquidity risk and other risks.
- Change: leading and supporting all internal and IT changes; ensuring the documentation of processes as well as implementing improvements of existing processes (looking at automation processes and the implementation and development of tools); Risk Governance.
- Minimum 1 year experience within Risk Reporting (Credit, Market or Operational), or 1 year experience in a technical role where coding in VBA or SQL is prevalent.
- Working experience within an Investment Bank, Broker or Clearing House is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of the full product life cycle within a Risk Management environment or hands- on experience in developing quantitative models is essential.
- Advanced coding skills essential (unless the candidate is from a pure risk reporting background in which case these skills are interchangeable): the ability to create macros from scratch using VBA; querying databases using SQL and data visualisation using Tableau.
- Degree in a mathematical or science- related subject is necessary and a Master's Degree is highly desirable.
- Process automation and enhancement experience combined with excellent critical analysis skills.
- Excellent communication skills; the ability to liaise with senior stakeholders both internally and externally.