Risk Java/Hadoop Developer - Financial Services - London - £75,000
A Tier 1 Investment Bank is looking for an Risk Java/Hadoop Developer to join their Counterparty Risk Trading team. This team owns extracts of data from a Hadoop data store, some in hive and some in spark, and deliver the risk to the trading desks via an in house risk publication system developed in Java. You will be working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment at the centre of the financial community on challenging projects.
- To enhance portfolio of feeds to meet new business needs.
- Decommission legacy feeds in favour of the big data store.
- Understand and enhance the risk visualisation tool.
- Analyze, design and implement assigned development tasks.
- Take part in Agile team ceremonies: Scrum calls, sprint planning, design sessions, retrospectives.
- Manage releases into UAT and production environments.
- Contribute to overall application architecture.
- Agree specifications with end users.
- Take advantage of new technologies to provide data more quickly, simply and reliably.
- Agile development using Java, Hadoop, Spark, Scala. Minor amounts of C#/.NET development.
- Experience working in DevOps environment with focus on automation of testing and deployment via TeamCity, Nolio and similar tools.
- Experience setting up a test framework, and improving it.
- Knowledge of Design patterns.
- Experience of using complex SQL for data extraction.
- Risk, pricing and derivatives knowledge.
- Experience working with millions of rows of data.
- Experience with big data tools including Cloudera, Hive.
- MSSQL experience.
- MSSQL experience, mostly to help decommission legacy stored procedures.
This is a very exciting opportunity for a skilled and effective Java/Hadoop Developer looking for a new challenge within an innovative global company with a wealth of expertise and knowledge.
If you are interested in this role please contact me on 02031894344.