Risk Java Developer - Financial Services - London - £75,000
A Tier 1 Investment Bank is looking for an AVP Front Office Java Developer to join their Counterparty Risk trading team. This team is responsible for managing he risk to the bank from Counterparty defaults and delivering the risk to the trading desks via a risk publication system developed in house in Java. This involves enhancing the portfolio of feeds to meet new business needs, to decommission legacy feeds in favour of the big data store, to understand and enhance the risk visualisation tool, and to take advantage of new technologies to provide data more quickly, simply and reliably. You will be working in a first class working environment at the centre of the financial community on challenging projects.
- Varied work and could involve writing new extracts in appropriate technologies such as scala, building automated tests to improve efficiency, and up to and including taking a leading role shaping the future architecture of the big data platform.
- Analyze, design and implement assigned development tasks.
- Take part in Agile team ceremonies: Scrum calls, sprint planning, design sessions, retrospectives.
- Manage releases into UAT and production environments.
- Contribute to overall application architecture.
- Agree specifications with end users.
- Continuously work on system improvements and supporting existing application.
- Agile development using ideally Java, Hadoop, Spark, Scala.
- Experience working in DevOps environment with a relentless focus on automation of testing and deployment via TeamCity, Nolio and similar tools.
- Experience of using complex SQL for data extraction.
- Risk, pricing and derivatives knowledge.
- Experience working with millions of rows of data.
- Experience with big data tools including Cloudera, Hive.
- MSSQL experience, mostly to help decommission legacy stored procedures.
- Knowledge of commercial development tools including Git, Bitbucket, Jira and Confluence.
This is a very exciting opportunity for a skilled and effective Risk Java Developer looking for a new challenge within an innovative global company with a wealth of expertise and knowledge.
If you are interested in this role please contact me on 02031894344.