Leading Financial Services Firm are looking for a Quantative Market Risk Associate to join their Market Risk Function for an initial 6 month contract with potential to go permanent.
This person will be responsible for the efficient execution of functional activities across the Risk department including the independent validations of the risk framework, the approval of new products, back-testing, stress testing, and default/exposure management. This person will work together with all crucial stakeholder groups, notably CROs, Business, and Regulators.
- Model validation and review; pricing models and margin models
- Perform quantitative analysis as an input to the independent model validation deliverables
- Independent validation of pricing models, margin models, credit rating models, collateral haircuts and other risk policies
- Ensuring effective policies and validation processes are put in place and adhere to necessary regulations
- Back- testing and stress testing; set these policies and challenge on an ongoing basis
- Exposure management and default management: assessing risk across different markets and ensuring that the market risk exposures are measured in line with correct standards
- Assessment of risks outside of the margin models e.g. liquidity risk
- Review of the business line procedures for default management
- Drive and facilitate change from a risk and risk governance perspective
- Carry out end user testing where necessary
- Define areas where the IT systems and process can be improved
- Organise and perform risk reporting and support senior stakeholders
- Review market risk of new product requests
- Responsibility for the approval of new products; create criteria and guidelines and ensure these are being adhered too
- Regulations; escalate market risk issues and any danger of non-compliance in order to drive change in the regulatory environment
- Work closely with other business areas such as Operational Risk, Compliance and Regulations in order to facilitate change around risk and regulatory policies
- MSc Degree in a quantitative or economics/science - related subject
- Excellent experience within financial markets and securities
- Risk Management background from investment banking, clearing or broker firms
- Advanced quantitative analysis and model development experience
- Strong programming ability in VBA, SQL, Python, C++ or Matlab
- Knowledge across multiple asset classes
- Experience of regular interaction with senior stakeholders and stakeholder groups
If you feel you have the relevant experience for this newly created opportunity then please apply to this advert and send your CV to Lauren Stutz at Twenty Recruitment.
Twenty Recruitment's Compliance & Governance function are a team of specialist consultants covering Financial Crime Compliance, Regulatory Compliance & Operational Risk mandates, both permanent and temporary, across Financial Services, Technology and Energy.