Twenty Financial Services; on behalf of a tier 1 bank based in Canary Wharf, require a candidate with specialist operational risk or enterprise risk knowledge to join a team situated in the investment banking division as a Risk & Control AVP.
The role will sit in the investment banks controls office, more specifically the execution team, and work closely with the front office risk & controls teams. The role holder will be expected to have an understanding of all elements of the Risk & Control Self Assessment (RCSA) process as well as policies specific to investment banking. People with a strong operational risk background from other banking areas will be considered.
The main responsibilities of the role will be as follows;
- Ensuring that the front office business leadership are fully briefed on all elements of the RCSA process and providing significant co-ordination across senior stakeholders within the Front and Back office, First, Second, and Third lines of defence, as well as Risk and Control owners
- Maintain a continual focus on improving efficiency, consistency and quality throughout all stages of the RCSA, and any reporting required from internal / external stakeholder request
- Be required to build rapport with colleagues to help establish best practice processes and techniques.
- Proven track record of driving and delivering high profile risk and control initiatives. Experience of working within Operational Risk environment with exposure to RCSAs would be an advantage
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, with the ability to engage confidently at AVP level and above with Front Office and Functional personnel
- Expertise in one or more asset class across the IB, with in depth knowledge of how the framework can be used by the first and second lines of defence
Please apply for more information if this role is of interest