The Risk Monitoring team is in charge of the day-to-day monitoring of margin calculations on production accounts, risk reporting and control of market data. The team is also contributing to new projects providing end user feedback, handles ad-hoc queries from other Credit departments where an input is required from Risk Monitoring, and keeps enhancing the internal risk monitoring processes (parameter calibration, new product creation, etc…).
The candidate will have experience in managing risk in an active CDS / OTC environment combined with programming skills. This will include a detailed understanding of the valuation and product specification for instruments traded in the CDS market and their process flows. In addition, the candidate must possess comprehensive knowledge and practical experience of all market risk concepts, including VaR, sensitivities, and stress testing. Prior experience in capital market activities would be beneficial.
The role involves regular liaison with various internal and external stakeholders on a regular basis. The candidate must be able to demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills and should have experience of working in a multicultural and a global environment.
- Production and improvement of the risk monitoring reports: position monitoring, exposure management, margin monitoring, sensitivity testing, etc…
- Maintenance and improvement of existing risk monitoring procedures
- Market data control and validation
- Responding to queries from Clearing Members, Clients and Internal stakeholders
- Supporting member meetings and training
Required skills and experience
- Strong quantitative and numerical qualification applied to finance.
- Good knowledge of OTC derivatives trade life cycle and risk management: Single Name, Index CDS, Options.
- Experience working in leading financial and securities services firms: Central Clearing Organisation, Investment Bank, Securities Services, Brokerage Firm, and so on
- Experience in Risk Database management: SAS and VBA are must have
Strong verbal and written communication skills in French and in English are required