This Top Tier Bank is one of the largest financial institutions in the world, with a strong presence in Investment Banking, Corporate Banking and Private Banking. This is an opportunity to be involved in a new team build out within the banks Risk Strategy Function. The bank offers excellent development and because this is a new function you will be able to shape the way the bank manages risk in the future.
This role sits in the Global Banking & Markets department. You will be working with stakeholders across the business, giving you great exposure.
Specifically your responsibilities will include:
- Designing and implementing risk and control assessments
- Ensure business areas are undertaking Risk Control Self Assessments (RCSA's) correctly
- Providing risk advice to the wider compliance function and challenging their processes
- MI reporting, as well as ensuring that the business areas, including Operations, Technology, and Compliance are aware of what they should gain from meetings
- Designing and managing the Risk Monitoring processes and escalating any red flags or concerns when necessary
- Ensure a proactive approach is taken to identification of regulatory risk change and potential impacts to the business
- Engaging with stakeholders in the different business areas and identifying where there is any overlap or gaps in their Operational Risk processes
To be considered for this job, you will have the following experience:
- Previous experience working as an Operational Risk Manager within Banking, Securities or Financial Markets is essential
- Previous knowledge surrounding financial markets, products, and securities regulations is essential e.g. Equities, Fixed Income etc...
- Strong knowledge of regulations in a compliance capacity is essential
- Business awareness - understanding of banking activities and requirements is key
- Conduct Risk knowledge is essential
- Must be a self-starter and able to challenge and influence senior members of staff
- A degree in accounting, finance or business administration is beneficial
- Relevant professional certifications including CIA, ACA, ACCA is an advantage
If you feel you have the relevant experience for this newly created opportunity then please apply to this advert and send your CV to Emily Drake at Twenty Recruitment.
Twenty Recruitment's Compliance & Governance function are a team of specialist consultants covering Financial Crime Compliance, Regulatory Compliance & Operational Risk mandates, both permanent and temporary, across Financial Services, Technology and Energy.