A global Investment Bank are looking for a qualified accountant to join their Compliance team who provide advisory support to enterprise functions across EMEA. This role will support Finance & Risk functions in meeting their regulatory obligations. It is imperative this person has strong regulatory/ group risk appetite knowledge within an international, matrix style banking environment.
Specifically your responsibilities will include:
- Advise Finance & Risk functions on forthcoming regulation
- Act as trusted advisor to the Finance & Risk Functions on all regulatory compliance issues in EMEA, focused on Conduct, Governance, Prudential, and Financial regulatory reporting requirements.
- Act as an advocate & leader to ensure regulatory change programme impacting Finance Functions are initiated.
- Escalate issues Finance Functions to Senior Management in EMEA.
- Advise the Regional Testing team on key risks and priorities for review.
- Work closely with the Regional Heads of Corporate Treasury, Finance, Tax and Risk.
- Develop advisory capabilities regarding both UK and European Prudential obligations.
- Ensuring data requirements are sourced and mapped in accordance with the regulation
To be considered for this job, you will have the following experience:
- ACA/ACCA Qualified Accountant or equivalent
- Big 4 trained (ideally) with experience within consultancy
- Banking experience
- Strong Prudential, US, UK and EU regulatory knowledge
- Experience in regulatory risk/reporting
- Working as a regulatory consultant to provide technical guidance towards clients Ideally)
- Effective communication skills/ Stakeholder management