A Leading Global Financial Institution in the city of London is currently looking for an authoritative and influential portfolio manager to lead and manage a key division within their organisation.
This role provides an opportunity for the prospective candidate to add value to the corporation from day one. This involves undertaking the responsibility of leading, shaping and successfully implementing business change initiatives that impact corporate functions. This will be an exciting opportunity to lead and manage high profile projects and demonstrate extensive business acumen.
- Driving fact-based and objective decision making at a senior level around complex and high-impact issues
- Ownership of individual high profile projects
- Engagement with senior stakeholders to understand, collaborate and resolve issues across projects
- Chairing steering committees and other senior governance groups effectively to manage risks and issues impacting the delivery of projects or business outcomes
- Co-ordinating with senior business and technology representatives to strategically drive forward the programme agenda
- Managing and providing support and guidance to Project and Programme Managers
- Monitoring overall progress of the portfolio, with a focus on budgets, resources and dependencies
- Extensive large scale project and programme management skills
- Management experience in project/portfolio resource planning
- Demonstrable business analysis and problem solving experience
- Experience working within financial management and organisational change management
- Background in global management
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills
- Ability to challenge, question, influence and negotiate with stakeholders