Product Manager - Sheffield - Health Tech
This is a role for an individual with the vision and drive to steer the evolution of a company's Healthcare software solution to ensure it not only meets, but exceeds the needs and aspirations of the customer base, meeting both business need as well as taking advantage of the rapid changes in supporting technologies.
- Alongside Strategy Leads, plan and run customer strategy sessions to facilitate knowledge sharing and gather feedback to ensure that Healthcare products continue to meet the needs of the customer base.
- Ensure that the targeted developments give the most ROI and business benefit given the cost to the company vs. potential benefit (tangible & non tangible).
- Defining and communicating the product vision and roadmap, negotiating scope and priority with senior stakeholders and customers
- Managing the communication relating to the development and release of Healthcare Software with customers.
- Understanding the way in which our products might work alongside others and as part of a wider integrated environment, for example, integration with Social Care or Education.
- Working closely with other senior management leads to author and update supporting documentation.
- Compiling and proposing the content for main product releases to the management board
- Line management of the business analyst team supporting their activities by
- distributing work packages
- providing advice on writing specifications,
- validating specification and prioritisation decisions against the development strategy, budget and contractual requirements
- Where appropriate, identify new requirements and develop specifications for new areas where existing BA team are not available or unsuited
- Supporting sales and marketing with information regarding developments and the roadmap for tenders, project cost quotations and promotion of new products - including the completion of relevant tender responses.
- Monitoring the product development backlog, ensuring the requirements, scope and estimate are up to date
- Ownership of the user experience function; defining the patterns of screen design/user journeys across the product
- An excellent practical understanding of IT systems and considerable experience of how they are best used to support the working lives of Social Care, Health and Education professionals
- Excellent experience in the creation of specifications to enable the development of usable, cost effective and good quality software.
- Considerable experience of presenting ideas and software products to groups
- University degree or equivalent
- Understanding of the use of IT in a public sector environment
- A passion to be instrumental in the continuous evolution of software to support Social Care, Health and Education professionals.
- Excellent communication skills; spoken and written.
- Strong customer focus but business minded, ability to identify new opportunities for product sales and new markets.
- Excellent presentation skills