Payment Systems Analyst - Investment Banking - London
Contract: 6 months
£450 - £500 per day
This is one of the world's largest banks that operate in over 40 countries. Highly dedicated to both their customers and the employees, they have a reputation for encouraging meaningful economic growth.
I am searching for a strong Systems Analyst with extensive experience in payment systems projects. This role is pivotal to the success of the development team and both the QA and UAT testing teams on ensuring new functional changes are added to the application architecture as well as providing day-to-day functional support to business users. With this programme being responsible for up to 10 European branches, this is a fantastic opportunity to take on a role with substantial responsibility and to make intuitive enhancements to existing and future systems.
- Work closely with the business and technology on both integration projects and new projects.
- Assist with the review and design strategies for enhancing existing systems and / or new implementations.
- Evaluate and interpret complex business requirements and translate them into a Functional Specification Document for development.
- Partner with Technology and the business to ensure continuity of service for all production applications.
- Provide SME payment systems knowledge relating to designated applications within the production architecture.
- Partner with QA team and provide input and guidance on testing strategies and subject matter expertise.
- Strong investment banking experience as a Systems / Business Analyst is a must.
- Expertise within Payments for the following: SWIFT, BACS, SEPA SCT, CHAPS and Faster Payments.
- Proven experience of working both at a functional level with the business and also of communicating effectively with technical / development team members.
- Technical knowledge on Linux and Oracle
- Experience in writing detailed functional and non-functional requirements is essential
- The ability to understand team dynamics and use interpersonal style to achieve the project goals.
- Experience in supporting full application architecture end-to-end testing.
- The ability to provide input and support to the QA process, including the ability to assist with creation of and review of test scripts.
What's in it for you?
This is a fantastic opportunity to work within a global investment bank and to gain exposure to a multitude of different business areas.