A global financial services firm is seeking an Oracle Developer to join their London offices on an initial 6 month contract.
The project aim is to deliver regulatory reporting to their Risk Department. This role specifically focuses on a series of liquidity reporting.
- Analyse requirements defined by the project team and work closely with BA's and end-users to clarify/crystallise scope & deliverables
- Develop new functionality or enhancements using Oracle database technologies including PL/SQL based packaged procedures, advanced functions, VPD, materialised views, API's, external tables etc…
- Ensure database development is in-line with modern Oracle database development practices and database optimisation, throughput, scale and efficiency have been factored in the design of the build
- Provide any relevant documentation related to interface design, ETL rules, batch processing etc…
Skills and experience:-
- Extensive knowledge and experience of Oracle development
- Strong understanding of SQL & PL/SQL
- Knowledge of working on regulatory reporting systems within a financial services firm
- Strong experience working with interfaces and have a good appreciation of ETL techniques and reporting technologies
- Have been involved with project implementations with a solid understanding of the project life cycle and different implementation techniques
- Would be advantageous working on scheduling software such as Control-M, Autosys, Tivoli
If this opportunity sounds of interest, please respond with an up to date CV