A Leading Financial Organisation is seeking a Senior Oracle Database Developer to join their London office on a contract basis. The successful candidate will be joining the risk department and aiding in the delivery of regulatory reporting project work.
- Analyse requirements defined by the project team and work closely with BA's and end-users to clarify/crystallise scope & deliverables
- Develop new functionality or enhancements using Oracle database technologies including PL/SQL based packaged procedures, advanced functions, VPD, materialised views, API's, external tables etc…
- Ensure database development is in-line with modern Oracle database development practices and database optimisation, throughput, scale and efficiency have been factored in the design of the build
Key skills and experience:-
- Expected to be an expert in database management systems, in particular, Oracle.
- A strong understanding of database languages including SQL and PL/SQL
- Strong experience with interfaces and have a good appreciation of ETL techniques and reporting technologies.
- Also have experience with working on regulatory reporting systems within a financial services firm.
- Knowledge of Scheduling software such as Control-M, Autosys or Tivoli is very advantageous.
If this is opportunity seems of interest, please apply with an up to date CV.