Operations Cloud Engineer (Azure, DataDog, PagerDuty, Ansible, ELK) - Blockchain - London
My client builds blockchain technology to transform the way the world does business. Their global network of partner's works with us to develop innovative apps for finance and commerce on our blockchain platform, their product is a cutting-edge blockchain platform that removes costly friction in business transactions by enabling institutions to transact directly.
In this role, you will be responsible for the upkeep, configuration and reliable operation of my clients Production, Testing, Staging and QA Environments running their platform plus any associated toolsets, such as DataDog, PagerDuty etc.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Rapidly install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools for all environments under change control/configuration management.
- Quickly and correctly, diagnose issues with environments, including identifying patterns that could indicate a security threat.
- Support the execution of tests and other activities on testing environments, including liaising with customers, associated project management, and planning.
- Deploy and operate internal/external testing environments.
- Create, update and own environment configuration documentation.
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting UNIX /Linux based environments, preferably for a financial services institution
- Solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of Java application stacks
- Solid Cloud experience, preferably in Azure
- Experience with monitoring systems (DataDog, Graphite/Grafana)
- Experience with automation software (preferable Ansible)
- Experience with central logging systems (preferable ELK)
- Experience of deploying, using and managing the Atlassian tool set (Jira, Service Desk etc).
- Experience with virtualization and containerization
- Solid scripting skills (shell, Python)
- Solid networking knowledge
- Solid understanding and experience of security engineering
- Experience with one or more blockchain technologies desirable but not essential
Minimum BSc Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics (or Similar)
£80,000 + Benefits