This top tier ring-fenced bank is looking for a VP to join their Operational Risk department. This role will act to provide second line oversight on the management of Operational Risk and the use of the Operational Risk Management Framework.
Your key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Provide insight and influence to inform business and strategic decision making
- Use technical Operational Risk expertise to provide input to key business decisions during committees
- Provide analysis and interpretation of risks to the First and Second Line
- Manage risk effectively to provide measurable commercial benefit to the business
- Engage with regulators e.g. the FCA or PRA on behalf of the bank
- Review and challenge the First and Second Line in the design and effectiveness of governance and controls
- Provide training to the First and Second Line to manage and strengthen understanding of Operational Risk
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements
- 5 + years' experience in an Operational Risk role preferably within Retail Banking
- Previous experience leading Operational Risk activity from a first or second line of defence perspective
- Excellent understanding and practical experience in operational risk management and frameworks with strong commercial awareness
- Strong communication skills and experience of communicating effectively with a wide range of stakeholders
- Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritise work accordingly
- The ability to perform under a pressured environment
- Educated to degree level or equivalent e.g. MBA, Accounting, IIA and Risk Management
If you feel you have the relevant experience for this newly created opportunity then please apply to this advert and send your CV to Emily Marmoy-Haynes at Twenty Recruitment.
Twenty Recruitment's Compliance & Governance function are a team of specialist consultants covering Financial Crime Compliance, Regulatory Compliance & Operational Risk mandates, both permanent and temporary, across Financial Services, Technology and Energy.